We all know the App Store is one of Apple’s biggest successes with over 300,000 apps currently live on this day, but what does that actually mean?
Some of the key points that we found interesting are;
- 67% of the apps are paid, 37% are free
- Only 8% of the apps on the App Store are universal (iPhone, iPod touch and iPad)
- There are over 50,000 books apps on the App Store; 7,000 of which come from the same developer
- Average price of an app is $2.43, average rating is three stars
- There are over 62,000 unique developers
Overall, the data that Satok and his team have found is extremely interesting, and only shows how much more interesting it will be in the next year as the App Store gains even more traction, and developers.